Putting VR to use to let consumers try things before they buy using their mobile is reaching beyond the world of interior design and into mainstream retailing with the launch of Mobile Tap’n Try from Zuzapp.
This innovative mobile solution empowers mobile shoppers to digitally try and buy products directly through their smart device. The convenience of mobile shopping enables customers to try on more products in the comfort of their own environment resulting in larger basket size and higher sales conversion rates, says the company.
“Zuzapp helps us to boost traffic into our business and increase product sales and member participation with captivating push notifications, mobile offers and social sharing,” says Nick Fowler, CEO, Massif Athletics, which has trialled the service.
“For shoppers, mobile isn’t a destination like a bricks & mortar store or an e-commerce site. Rather it’s both a way for shoppers to express themselves and to become more independent through discrete mobile shopping,” adds Akshay Pandya, CEO & Founder, Zuzapp. “The challenge for retailers is in how to leverage mobility in such a way that fosters shopper convenience, increases sales conversion rates, and builds loyalty to the brand without being intrusive.”
By connecting with shoppers through their mobile device, shoppers enjoy a unique and discrete shopping experience. Mobile shoppers simply browse through the retailer’s mobile store, upload their preferred picture, and electronically select products that they would like to try on their uploaded picture. Based on their preferences they simply click and buy the products of their choice.
- Boost traffic: Proactively engage shoppers via geo-targeted push notifications, texting, email, etc. Intrigued shoppers simply click and engage in a unique mobile shopping experience.
- Increase basket size: Enable shoppers to conveniently and discretely try & buy products directly from their mobile device. Accessibility and ease of use fosters customer spend.
- Increase sales conversions: The convenience of mobile shopping enables customers to try on more products in the comfort of their own environment – at home, in the office, on the bus, etc. This new era of ease of access results in higher sales conversion rates.
- Up-selling and cross-selling: Retail associates and call center agents leverage mobile clienteling techniques to connect with mobile shoppers to up-sell and cross-sell more products that are relevant to the customer’s purchase.
- Improve loyalty & advocacy: Social sharing enables loyal customers to promote their purchases to friends and peers. This results in increased visibility of the retailer’s products.
Save the sale: Retailers offer more products by extending the “endless aisle” to the mobile store front. More products, more Tap’n Try, more sales.