Alibaba is the leading fascia within an eponymous group of ecommerce businesses.
Alibaba Group is a family of Internet-based businesses which makes it easy for anyone to buy or sell online anywhere in the world. Since its inception, it has developed leading businesses in consumer e-commerce, online payment, business-to-business marketplaces and cloud computing, reaching Internet users in more than 240 countries and regions. Alibaba Group consists of 25 business units and is focused on fostering the development of an open, collaborative and prosperous e-commerce ecosystem.
Alibaba Group was founded in 1999 by 18 people led by Jack Ma, a former English teacher from Hangzhou, China who has aspired to help make the Internet accessible, trustworthy and beneficial for everyone. The privately held Alibaba Group, including its affiliated entities, employs some 24,000 people around the world and has more than 70 offices in Greater China, India, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Insight around the world
- Five things Alibaba, Amazon, eBay and JD.com told us about the importance of marketplaces this week
- GUEST OPINION Virtual reality retail reality
- RetailX AU250 Footprint Report is now available online
- GUEST OPINION How New Retail can help take the offline world online
- PEAK 2017 From the Singles Day total to the now-live Currys PC World Black Friday sale
- IRX and EDX to unveil the future of the retail nation
- IRX 2017 INTERVIEW David Lloyd of Alibaba on selling to China
- IRX 2017 Just under a month to go for the multichannel event of the year
- IRX 2017 The new role for marketplaces in multichannel retail
- IRX 2017 Marketplaces Revolution Conference
- GUEST COMMENT The role of shopping festivals in the Chinese retail landscape
- All eyes on Berlin for latest InternetRetailing Summit
- Peak retailing 2016: what UK retailers can learn from Singles Day
- Singles Day set to segue into Black Friday as pre-Christmas discounting gets underway
- GUEST COMMENT Online marketplaces – B2B’s secret weapon
- Waitrose selling products online to the Chinese market
- Royal Mail wins new contracts as it expands delivery and collection services for retailers
- UK brands unveil their final preparations for Singles Day
- What Singles Day means for The Hut Group and other UK retailers