Fortnum & Mason (colloquially often shortened to just "Fortnum's") is a department store situated in central London, with two branches in Japan. Its headquarters is located at 181 Piccadilly, where it was established in 1707 by William Fortnum and Hugh Mason. It is privately owned by Wittington Investments Ltd.
Fortnum and Mason is recognised internationally for its high quality goods and as an iconic British symbol. It has held many Royal Warrants over the past 150 years.
Founded as a grocery store, Fortnum's reputation was built on supplying quality food, and saw rapid growth throughout the Victorian era. Though Fortnum's developed into a department store, it continues to focus on stocking a variety of exotic, speciality and also 'basic' provisions.
The store has since opened several other departments, such as the Gentlemen's department on the top floor. It is also the location of a celebrated tea shop and several restaurants.
- Fortnum & Mason reports 17% ecommerce growth
- IRUK 500 Brand Engagement Dimension
- Top retailers in the UK
- Fortnum & Mason reports record results, with 22% rise in online sales
- Fortnum & Mason launches new fully responsive website
- Fortnum & Mason becomes first retailer to offer Sunday deliveries using new Parcelforce service
- What are the key responsibilities for supply chain professionals in helping to bring the brand proposition to life?