Marks and Spencer has unveiled a series of enhancements to its website which, overall, add up to a substantial upgrade to the site. New features include:
- Customer ratings are now displayed on search results so that customers can view the popularity of an item before clicking through to the individual product page.
- Bigger and clearer fabric swatches that, says M&S, provide a truer match to the item's actual colour.
- More photos and videos, with each product page now including several images of the item. A link to video content, where available, is also now more easily located underneath the main image.
- The number of items in stock, sorted by size and by colour, is included for each item.
- All information about a product is grouped together under three tabs — product details, customer reviews and delivery & returns information.
- Items can be added to the shopping basket without leaving the current page.
- Search by department as well as by item, so that it is easier to find 'womens t-shirt' or 'mens t-shirt'.
The retailer is also offering free delivery and returns on all UK orders until 26 October and free delivery on all international orders over £90 until 21 October.