Monday December 5 at 9pm will mark the peak of this year’s online Christmas shopping season in the UK, according to Amazon.
The online retailer has used its own previous experience to predict Cyber Monday will fall on this date.
Christopher North, managing director of Amazon.co.uk, said: “In recent years, the first Monday in December has been Amazon.co.uk’s busiest day, with orders for over 2.3m items being placed on Monday 6th December last year.
"Mondays remain the busiest shopping day in the run up to Christmas, but every day of that week will see high sales as more and more people have immediate access to shop online via home broadband and, increasingly, mobile devices."
Amazon also says Monday December 12 will be another high demand date, with customers getting more comfortable with shopping nearer to Christmas. The compnay has now launched its Christmas Store.
The company also has an insight into what products will be most popular over the season through its Amazon Wish List feature. According to these, its electronic e-reader the Kindle should be the bestselling product sold through Amazon.
Top 10 most wished-for products on Amazon.co.uk
2. 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2' (DVD)
3. 'Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography' – Walter Isaacson (Hardcover)
4. 'Harry Potter – The Complete 8-Film Collection' (Blu-ray)
5. 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' (DVD)
6. 'Captain America – The First Avenger' (Triple Play)
7. 'Senna' (DVD)
8. 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3' (Xbox 360)
9. 'Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets' (Hardcover)
10. 'Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception' (PS3)