Following the success of last year's inaugural IRBTECPQ (!) we've gathered the coins from behind the sofa, buried our bitterness at coming a nearly-last position (thanks Google UK for saving us!) and come up with a handicapping system to try to keep House of Fraser in check... All's then set to announce (drum roll) the second Internet Retailing Beringer Tame eCommerce Charity Pub Quiz!
- Adam Street Members Club (9 Adam Street, London WC2N 6AA)
- 24 November, 2010
- Drinks and nibbles from 6.30
- Quiz Master takes the microphone from 7pm
- Drinks etc throughout/after until the budget expires
- Winners crowned to great applause and given a cheque for £500 to the charity of their choice.
Our thanks as ever to Patrick at Beringer Tame
for conceiving of the event and footing the bill!
Since we ran out of spaces so quickly last year we've moved to a larger room, but the outline is the same
- 15 teams of four (by retailer team, but this isn't mandatory - we'll have some scratch teams too)
- Three rounds of questions
- Some of the questions allegedly may relate to eCommerce, but it's not very likely.
[caption id="attachment_2340" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Patrick Tame and Peter Callaway"][/caption]
Last year's teams (from Amazon UK, House of Fraser, John Lewis, ASOS, Google UK, Arcadia, Marks & Spencer etc) will have received their invitations and have 'first dibs' on bringing teams, but after this the doors will be open. We'll have space for about 20 more people this year so if you are a keen Quizster, or just want to join in the fun, just please complete the online application/waitlist form here
Also, if you're so minded, please do help us out with some ideas for good "eCommerce Pub Quiz Questions"
- your thoughts appreciated via this form
Finally, since the event will be towards the end of Movember
we're expecting that there will be a great number of appalling moustaches on display. If you'd like to step forward and sponsor a prize for the best eCommerce 'Tash then please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Given that the only talent possessed by the team at Etail Towers is 'allowing their hair to grow itself' we've decided that this year we'll "field" a Tashtastic Mo'Team - you can follow our, ahem, 'progress' and donate to this excellent cause via the Internet Retailing Movember Team Page...