We've mentioned our Post-Graduate Diploma in Internet Retailing previously, but we're exceptionally pleased to say that - following a gruelling assessment process and a great deal of work on the parts of our partners (Econsultancy.com and Manchester Metropolitan University's Business School) - it has now been awarded Masters status.
This means that those completing the 30 months course will earn an MSc in Internet Retailing.
The structure of the programme is 3 modules in the first year, one per term, leading to a Post-Graduate Certificate. The second 3 modules in year two leads to a Post-Graduate Diploma and a final dissertation stage leads to the award of the Masters.
The program is designed to draw upon and contribute to your work, developing knowledge and critical and evaluative skills hand in hand.
The program is ideal for:
- senior retailers from a specialist discipline to leverage their knowledge into a strategic, commercial and broadly-based role within multichannel retail
- organisations looking to develop key members of their team as well as their multichannel operations as a whole
- organisations looking to bring talent from across the business into their ecommerce teams to create a true multichannel operation
- employers looking to motivate and retain key senior staff - the course costs in total are less than the recruitment fees for replacing in-demand and highly-mobile senior talent!
Note that the programme may be run in-house should you have a larger team that you'd like to develop.
Full information on the programme is available at:http://econsultancy.com/training/qualifications/retailing
Enquiries, applications and questions about funding should be addressed to Viv Underwood, Training Manager at Econsultancy.com: firstname.lastname@example.org
In a nutshell:
The Masters in Internet Retailing is the UK's first postgraduate qualification to specifically address the career and business needs of ambitious retail professionals.
It's a challenging, multi-disciplinary programme that delivers all the skills and understanding you'll need to become a successful e-commerce practitioner.
The two year syllabus guides delegates through all aspects of internet retailing, from marketing, buying and merchandising, through to logistics, engineering and technology. Whether you're already involved in internet retailing or you are from a more traditional retail background, completion of the qualification will:
- Develop your understanding and appreciation of the whole discipline of Internet Retailing
- Fully prepare you for a commercial leadership role
- Give you a broad and deep perspective on e-commerce best practice, trends and opportunities
- Establish you with a network of like-minded e-commerce leaders with full access to an ongoing support framework of research, insight and expert advice
The Masters in Internet Retailing has been created by Econsultancy in partnership with Ian Jindal (Editor-in-Chief of Internet Retailing
Magazine) and Manchester Metropolitan University. It's a unique combination of highly flexible, cutting-edge tuition delivered by top industry practitioners to the exceptional standards and academic rigour of a top European business school.