Condé Nast’s US ‘shopping and style’ magazine Lucky has launched an innovative iPhone application and a website at luckyatyourservice.com that lets shoppers easily locate local retailers who have items featured in the magazine in stock, beginning with the shoes featured in its March shoe edition.
Here’s how the website describes the service:
About Lucky At Your Service
Brought to you by Lucky magazine, Lucky At Your Service is your digital shopping concierge. Browse the latest products from the magazine. See something you like? We’ll check availability at a store near you and put it on hold for you to come in and try it on or buy it online!
Debuting with Lucky’s Spring Shoe Guide, Lucky At Your Service allows you to shop our editor’s favorite shoes.
Here’s how it works
- You can browse by trend, brand, type, price, and even available colors and sizes.
- Click on a thumbnail for more information about any of the products you see featured.
- Click ‘Find It Online’ OR click ‘Find It Near You’ to find a nearby store that carries the product within 50 miles of your zip code.
- Select a store and provide your size and color.
- Our concierge team will call the store to check availability and put it on hold for same day pickup.
- You will get a response within 10 minutes (during store business hours) via email or text with details on how to pick up products.
The service is delivered by NearbyNow, a service designed to let shoppers find products, brands or sales locally, and to scan the inventory at any given shopping centre.