In this issue we investigate:
- Changing loyalty – with the recent launch of the Sparks loyalty programme by Marks and Spencer, the competition to woo customers and make them loyal seems to be getting more complex than it has ever been, believes Dr Alexandra Ranzinger, founder of loyalty consultancy workinghead. Read more
- Are all customers equal? - Recruiting and retaining customers is a priority for any retailer – but not all of those customers will add to the profits and some may prove loss-making. Penelope Ody investigates why understanding customer profitability is a major challenge in today’s omnichannel world. Read more
- Profiting from a convenient delivery - What impact does delivery have on improving the customer experience and increasing loyalty? Emma Herrod investigates. Read more
- When data is not enough - Rosie Freshwater, MD of retail marketing agency Leapfrogg shares her thoughts on why empathy is the key to customer connection. Read more
- Where apps and loyalty collide - Connecting with the customer has always been key to retail, but these days connecting in the right way at the right time with the right information and above all the right experience is increasingly becoming key. Paul Skeldon, Mobile Editor, InternetRetailing explores further. Read more
- Contextual engagement - Igor Faletski, CEO, Mobify examines the art and science of creating extraordinary shopping experiences through the unique capabilities of modern mobile devices. Read more
Looking ahead from this issue, the team at IR Towers look forward to seeing you at the InternetRetailing Expo which is taking place at Birmingham’s NEC on 27 and 28 April. With 8 conferences, 15 clinics, 20 workshops and more than 300 exhibitors it’s going to be an engaging place.