Digby LocalPoint platform lets brands target marketing to mobile users to drive footfall
Multi-channel mobile engagement and commerce company Digby has launched Localpoint, a mobile platform that enables location-based marketing, analytics and commerce for top brands. Through powerful web-style shopping activity analystics at a brand’s physical locations and effective, targeted location-aware mobile messaging tools, Localpoint lets brands to attract, influence, understand and own the relationship with their loyal customers across all channels.
It works by enabling brands to create geo-fences around their stores and other points of interest and embed those geo-fences into the brand’s app. Digby then leverages its technology to measure app engagement and events such as geo-fence entries/exits, store visits, UPC/QR Code scans and other key shopping-oriented events triggered through the app as the consumer visits the store and uses their smartphone to find and research products to enhance their in-store shopping experience.
The brand can then deliver rich, targeted messages in real-time for these various events directly to the branded app through a robust marketing campaign creation and management system. Consumers can then buy through the commerce functionality of the app or in the store, enabling brands to take a significant leap forward in understanding and influencing the consumer’s multi-channel buying experience.
“Multichannel retailers in particular should recognize that they need a twofold objective with their smartphone presences: enabling sales, but also serving store shoppers,” says report author Sucharita Mulpuru, VP and Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc. “Because the primary use cases of mobile devices are to support multi-channel experiences – such as finding more product information in stores, identifying store locations – it is imperative to include multichannel sales influence in any mobile ROI estimates.”
Key components of the Digby Localpoint Platform include:
• Analytics – Localpoint Analytics deepens the understanding of mobile consumer behavior around and within specific locations. It provides web-style analytics on brand and consumer engagement within the store so brands can, for the first time, gain valuable insight into these in-store behaviors to serve their customers better in the future.
• Outreach – Localpoint Outreach enables brands to directly communicate through their app to drive loyal customers to specific locations with regional or local promotions. Brands can send unique “Deal of the Day” offers that are time and location sensitive where it is most logical for consumers to receive them – close to where they work, live and play.
• Venue – Localpoint Venue influences consumers with triggered promotional offers and messages on entry, exit, and during their visit. Brand campaigns can be sent upon using the app when locating a store, checking in, scanning a UPC/QR code, searching for a product, rating a product, and even watching a product video.
• Storefront – Localpoint Storefront is based on Digby’s long and successful history of providing the best-in-class mobile shopping experience for more than 50 top brands so consumers can easily search browse and buy when at home, mobile, and in the store.
“The ability for marketers to connect with customers locally is rapidly becoming an indispensable part of effective, contextually relevant, consumer engagement,” said Michael Becker, Mobile Marketing Association Managing Director, North America. “Innovation that improves the flexibility and effectiveness of mobile commerce and helps educate marketers on how to better engage consumers responsibly and sustainably, delivers value to the entire marketplace.”
Digby Localpoint helps brands:
• Effectively engage with consumers through their own branded app, based on their preferences and buying habits
• Understand when their most loyal customers visit their locations
• Uncover conversion rates for products purchased in retail stores
• Drive traffic to their places of business with location-sensitive marketing programs
• Influence buying decisions
• Enable consumers to search, browse and buy products from their smartphones whether they are at home, on the go or in the store
“Digby Localpoint provides brands with the ultimate opportunity - the power to know where their consumers are and the ability to personally engage with them based on their individual preferences and desires,” said Dave Sikora, President and CEO of Digby. “We are extremely excited about the positive feedback we have received from our current retail customers and new prospects about Digby Localpoint and look forward to helping brands implement it as a part of their overall multi-channel strategy.”
Localpoint can be added to a current branded app through a Software Developer Kit (SDK) or in a rich application developed by Digby.