Digby, a leading provider of mobile commerce and mobile cross channel customer engagement for retailers, has launched a set of features optimized for the new generation of mobile devices including the iPhone, iTouch, BlackBerry and Android, to help retailers create rich mobile ‘experiences’.
Enabled through the Digby Mobile Commerce Software Platform for mobile Web and rich Apps, these features will help retailers create rich and unique mobile services for consumers to connect and buy merchandise – anytime, anywhere. As a result, retailers can take a strategic approach to m-commerce as a fourth channel and also leverage their investments in e-commerce, catalogue and in-store channels.
New features supported by the Digby Mobile Commerce Software Platform include:
• Mobile Social Engagement: Provides integration with Facebook and Twitter, as well as “Email a friend” and Product Ratings and Reviews, allowing consumers to interact with friends and family or view third-party reviews on products
• Rich, Multiple Image Product Views – Multiple image views give mobile consumers a clear picture of the products they want to buy from all angles
• Video Demonstrations – Provides a direct connection to specific product video demonstrations to give the consumer a more personal introduction to products
• Barcode Scanning – Enables consumers to take a photograph of a product barcode while in the store, allowing them to view additional details about merchandise
• Featured Items Promotions Bar – Prominently showcases featured items relevant to mobile consumers
• Bread Crumbs, Sort by Price and Sort by Brand – Allows consumers to quickly and easily navigate and search for items (by price and brand) via the mobile site.
"As smartphones become a more critical part of people's lives, interconnected with all of their social and communications tools, consumers expect to complete more everyday tasks with their phones," said Iain Gillott, president and founder of iGR, a market research consultancy focused on the wireless and mobile industry. "With these new features, Digby is making mobile commerce easier for smartphone users and moving closer to the point where purchasing using a smartphone will be second nature for the majority of consumers."
Many of these new features were recently launched with Lilly Pulitzer, including Mobile Social Engagement, Rich Multiple Image Product Views, Bread Crumbs and Sort by Price. Other features will launch with new partners in the coming weeks. In addition to the new end-user facing features, Digby has completed substantial investment in its back-end infrastructure in support of the Digby Mobile Commerce Software Platform. The most visible outcome of this initiative is PCI Level 1 certification. In addition, Digby has implemented other improvements in security, responsiveness and reliability.
“Digby is 100% dedicated to all things mobile for retailers, and our R&D investments are strategic to delivering industry-leading features optimized for today’s best mobile devices,” said Dave Sikora, President and CEO of Digby. “With more than 65 million smartphones expected to ship this year, Digby is uniquely positioned to help our retail partners lead the pack in creating unique and rich experiences for their customers, especially as the busy holiday selling season approaches.”