Nextag, a leading US comparison shopping website for products and services has launched Dealforce, a free mobile shopping application for the iPhone. Combining the benefits of shopping, sharing and saving together, Nextag hopes that Dealforce will achieve what no other shopping app has managed to do by bringing shopping back to the streets.
With the current app market saturated in deal aggregators and product search tools, Nextag is focusing on the rapidly growing online-to-offline buying market with its sharp new perspective. By allowing shoppers to easily enter the deals they find into Dealforce, fellow bargain hunters will get to see how other local shoppers are saving money. Local merchants will also be able to post any of their last minute sales for free and potentially increase the foot traffic to their stores.
"We all know that shopping apps can distribute deals and vouchers to users, but what we're hoping to do is put more relevant local information back into the hands of both consumers and merchants" said Jeff Katz, CEO of Nextag. "E-commerce and the current economy has certainly had an effect on small communities, local merchants and shoppers across the country, but we believe Dealforce can help by ushering in a fun new era of shopping, saving and sharing."
"Hopefully, as more people join the Dealforce network, the cheaper products and services may become nationwide," continued Katz. "It may sound optimistic, but we feel we've finally cracked what was missing in the mobile shopping world. Now we can truly change the traditional bricks and mortar retail model to a clicks and mortar savings system."
Shoppers that download Dealforce can:
• Receive exclusive deals posted by fellow bargain hunters and local merchants.
• Share the hottest deals in their city, current location, or place of business.
• Increase your shopping ranking by collecting fun stickers. The more you share the higher your shopping ranking.
• Interact with other shoppers and show your "Love" for deals they've posted.
Merchants will be able to:
• Post deep discounts.
• Advertise last minute sales or stock clearances with ease.
• Potentially increase local foot traffic to their stores for free.