Nokia is teaming up with JUSP, the all-in-one, chip-and-pin mPOS solution for smartphones and tablets to provide a chip-and-pin mPOS solution for the Nokia Lumia smartphone.
JUSP’s solution also works with Windows-based PCs as well as smartphones and tablets running Windows, iOS and Android making it an all-encompassing mPOS solution for both micro merchants and small- and medium-sized retail outlets.
“Given the Microsoft Windows solution is the operating system of choice for most merchants, having an mPOS solution that works with Windows PCs as well as mobile phones and tablets brings enormous benefits to retailers,” said Jacopo Vanetti, CTO and Co-Founder, JUSP. “JUSP’s mPOS chip-and-pin reader can work just as easily with a Windows laptop, an Android tablet, iPhone and or the Nokia Lumia Windows Phone, for example, and it gives merchants and professionals the most flexible way to charge customers and link quickly to back-end payment systems. We are delighted to be working with Nokia to deliver this valuable solution to SMB’s.”
JUSP’s mPOS device and operating system flexibility, along with the chip-and-pin security and the all-inclusive pricing launched recently by JUSP, makes it extremely easy, convenient and secure for retailers of all sizes to charge customers using whatever means they choose. JUSP’s mPOS connects through a computer’s USB or audio jack or any mobile device’s audio jack and, because JUSP is ‘bank agnostic,’ there are no bank accounts to change or any other banking requirements or approvals necessary. With its Windows-based solution, JUSP can connect shop owners data to Microsoft-based back-end accounting systems, billing and Excel spreadsheets. The all-inclusive pricing waives commission fees and charges a different fee each month based on mPOS sales in any given month -- a very important cost benefit for large merchants, who do not find the Pay per Use traditional pricing of mPOS providers convenient for them.
The JUSP mPOS solution brings the following benefits to large merchants:
• JUSP is the only mPOS developer with one device running all mobile operating systems, usable on Windows-based PCs and mobile devices.
• There are no cumbersome set ups or pairing associated with Bluetooth devices – merchants plug the device into the phone or PC audio jack and enter a single passcode and user ID.
• JUSP dynamic pricing may make mPOS a less expensive option than traditional POS. JUSP waives commission fees and charges a flexible fee each month based on mPOS sales in any given month. Pricing may change from month-to-month to cater for bursts of seasonal sales.
• JUSP Windows-based solution runs on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 8.
• The JUSP device also now comes in four colors: black, white, red and light blue.
JUSP’s solution is currently available in Italy with a rollout to other countries coming over the following months. JUSP is also currently piloting its mPOS with a large multi-national company with a substantial mobile workforce.