Download the Middle-East 2022 Ecommerce Region Report which explores the state of retail in the Middle-East as a whole as well as taking a deep dive into the countries of Iran, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Inside the Middle East 2022 Ecommerce Region Report we explore the growth of this region and how the continued rise of internet access is a growth factor for example in Iran, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates – internet access is above the global average. 87% of the population regularly used the internet in 2020, with half of them shopping online. In 2022, this figure has risen to 59% and retailers’ revenue from ecommerce is rising at a rate higher than the global average.
Putting the Middle East online markets in context with those that have been developing for more years, the six countries analysed here together make up a market size less than 40% of the UK ecommerce market alone.
Download the report to learn how the nuances of each country have to be taken into account before any move is made. Each country has different barriers to entry – as outlined in the the report. Under some measures, countries in the Middle East are likened to mature Western markets. Others highlight the need for government or industry regulations to open up a competitive digital landscape.
- 36 pages of independent research & analysis
- Original company spotlights: Digikala, H&M, Hepsiburada & Landmark Group
- Illustrative RetailX graphs and charts throughout
Download today and find out:
- An in depth regional profile including Ease of Doing Business, E-Government Development Index, 2IPD, Internet Inclusive Index and the Happiness Index
- The political, economic and social differences between the featured countries and the impact on retail.
- Customer preferences when shopping online, the report examines countries side-by-side shedding more light on the differences and similarities in consumer behaviour across the region