Marketplaces have quickly become an essential part of the online retail mix for both consumers and merchants across Europe. The coronavirus pandemic of 2020 has driven many shoppers online, many for the first time, which has only thrown fuel on the fire of marketplace expansion.
The first RetailX European Marketplaces report lists and examines the major marketplaces and marketplace-like retail sites across Europe and analyses what the Marketplace Market in Europe looks like, as well as how each performs.
The research in this report takes a look at how each major European market has evolved its marketplace structure and how those marketplaces work for consumers and for merchants, as well as acting as an almanac of what they sell and how to meet this demand.
Our research also uncovers where marketplaces in Europe are continuing to evolve towards: how mobile is shifting basic customer experience, the rise of smart and voice-controlled devices in shopping, how delivery is now a key metric in what it means to be a marketplace, and what all this means for ecommerce generally.
Read the report to discover
- What the leading marketplaces across Europe are
- The countries they operate in
- What categories they sell into
- The proportion of fixed-price, offer-based and auction sites
- The range of payments offered
- How many offer subscriptions
- Selling fees and seller registration requirements
- How Amazon and eBay match up for brand protection
- Traffic levels on non-transactionals
- The impact of Coronavirus and beyond