Twitter
Facebook
Linked In
RSS
Login or Register
New to InternetRetailing?
Register Now
Internet Retailing
IREU Top500 The Customer Report: 2018

IREU Top500 The Customer Report: 2018

You are in: > Home > Themes

This is your 1 complimentary article for this month

Become a member for unlimited and immediate access.


Register
Already a member? Log in here

The Hut Group reports 70% growth in 2011

Linked InTwitterFacebookeCard


The Hut Group reported fast growth in 2011, with sales of £143m up by 70% on the previous year. It said 35% of its revenue now comes from international sales.

The group, which sells fast-moving consumer goods through sites including TheHut.com, Zavvi.com , and Iwantoneofthose.com, said that 92% of its sales are made through its own sites. The remaining 8% is generated through sites and technology services such as loyalty reward schemes that it runs for clients such as DMGT, the Daily Mail group.

Chief executive Matthew Moulding said: “2011 has been another record year for The Hut Group. Our focus on delivering best in class value and service to our UK and international consumers has enabled the group to gain market share, particularly in the final quarter.

“Our business model positions us well against the backdrop of a challenging High Street retail environment and the continuing sales channel shift towards online retail and therefore the group is very well-placed to continue its high growth. Our focus for 2012 is on driving strong organic growth by further improving our service to our customers, continuing to expand our product range and increasing our international sales.”

Highlights of 2011, said The Hut Group, included 78m visits to its websites, and the acquisition of MyProtein.com in May, which contributed £16m to group sales in the seven months after it was bought.
Linked InTwitterFacebookeCard
Add New Comment
LoginRegister

Become a Member

Create your own public-facing profile
Gain access to all Top500 research
Personalise your experience on IR.net
Internet Retailing
We are the magazine, portal and research source for European ecommerce and multichannel retail, hosting the board-level conversation for retailers, pureplays and brands across all of our platforms. Join the conversation.

© InternetRetailing Media

Latest Tweet

Internet Retailing
Tamebay
eDelivery
Twitter
Facebook
Linked In
Youtube
RSS
RSS
Youtube
Google
Linked In
Facebook
Twitter