Close this search box.

Rise in B2C parcel delivery highlighted in latest DPD results


While the rise in parcel delivery is obvious given the impact of the pandemic, latest figures from DPD show that B2C delivery in particular saw a big rise in 2020.
DPD’s 2020 year-end results, announced today, showed that it delivered 1.9 billion parcels worldwide in 2020, the equivalent of 7.5 million a day and an increase of half a billion parcels compared to 2019.

However more than half of these (55%) were B2C parcels, a 57% organic growth rise on 2019.

DPD Group claims to have been the first delivery company to implement contactless delivery as a result of the pandemic and opened more than 70 new hubs and depots to reach a total of 1,200 during the period.

It has unveiled a five-year strategy to double its 2020 revenue to €21 billion by 2025.

The strategy includes increasing its parcel shop and locker network with the ambition of doubling the network to reach 90% European coverage – ie access to a Pickup point in less than 10 minutes. It has targeted 100,000 Pickup points – 70% of which will be parcel shops and the remaining 30% parcel lockers. There are currently more than 58,000 Pickup points in 28 countries worldwide.

DPD Group also wants to be recognised as a leader in urban logistics and will look to strengthen its services in same day, urban hub-to-home deliveries, time slot evening deliveries, ship from store, grocery “proximity points” and micro fulfilment capabilities.

“2020 had a profound and lasting impact on the e-commerce and logistics industry,” said Boris Winkelmann CEO and chairman of DPD Group. “I am proud of my team’s resiliency and success and believe we are better positioned than ever to become the international reference in sustainable delivery and a leading enabler of e-commerce. There are numerous opportunities to be seized, we can rely on our operational excellence and innovation spirit, so there is no limit to what we can achieve in 2025 together and beyond.”

Read More

Register for Newsletter

Group 4 Copy 3Created with Sketch.

Receive 3 newsletters per week

Group 3Created with Sketch.

Gain access to all Top500 research

Group 4Created with Sketch.

Personalise your experience on