This year’s Internet Retailing conference and exhibition will take place in London on Tuesday 12 October and the three main themes for the event have now been set.
We will be inviting speakers to present at Internet Retailing 2010 over the next couple of months and now is the time to let us know if you would like to be considered for one of the speaking opportunities at this year’s event. Remember, though, the Internet Retailing conference is all about experienced online and multi-channel retailers sharing their knowledge with their peers — so no supplier sales pitches, please!
To put yourself forward as a potential speaker at Internet Retailing 2010, in the first instance simply email a one paragraph synopsis to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The three conference streams will focus on:
- Stream 1: Captivating the customer. Do customers’ expectations of the retail promise match what online retailers deliver? Does their experience lead to a lasting memory that induces them to return or does it end in bad news on the social web? Who does your brand inspire? This customer-focussed stream asks whether retail should forget about channels and devices and instead concentrate on brand and the promises given to the customer, their experience in every channel and the lasting memory of the retail organisation.
- Stream 2: Making it pay. Retail stops and starts with the bottom line. Every process, marketing technique, innovation and operation must prove its worth and every part of the organisation needs to make every penny work — whether in shoring up the foundations, buying or building new systems or implementing strategies for growth. This stream highlights systems, processes and strategies for maximising ROI across the ecommerce business.
- Stream 3: Making cross-channel work. The lines between the channels are blurring but is retail delivering on the promises? If you look closely at the back end is it a hotch potch of systems ‘stuck together’ or a shining example of best practice operations? This stream will look at how to make the hard stuff ‘just work’ and release the power of small improvements linked together.
Topics to be covered at this year’s conference include:
- Turning lessons learned into growth strategies
- Maintaining visibility of stock and customers for cross-channel effectiveness
- Mobile and its key position across all touch points
- Capturing and keeping customer attention all the way to the checkout
- Experiences, lessons learned and current best practice techniques
Internet Retailing 2010 is for business people in retail. It is not a supplier or sales pitch-led conference. It is a senior-level event which last year attracted top level executives from pure play, multi-channel and bricks and mortar retailers, along with suppliers and analysts. With its in-depth case studies, thought leadership sessions and presentations by industry and retail experts, the conference is as relevant to CEOs as it is to heads of ecommerce, marketing managers and logistics managers.
The conference is produced by Screen Events Ltd, the UK’s leading organiser of retail-centric conferences, seminars and trade shows. For sales, sponsorship, exhibitor stands and all commercial opportunities please contact Mark Pigou, marketing director, at email@example.com or on 07970 579288.