Online retailers everywhere are assessing the impact postal strikes in the run-up to Christmas could have on their businesses, and many are looking at contingency plans and alternative solutions to steer them through safely. At Internet Retailing 2009 there are several presentations and exhibitors that are well worth including on your show itinerary.
In conference stream three you’ll find these presentations:
- Ian Stansfield, distribution director at Asda Stores, will present ‘Sheds and Shops to Parcels and Post’, which will take a look at how the supermarket giant has scaled from delivering pallets to shops in large trucks to delivering to the home.
- Sharon Thomas from Unipart Consumer Logistics will look at how retailers can create competitive advantage from their delivery services in a session entitled ‘Exceeding Customer Expectations in a Challenging Online Market Place’
- The CEO of Home Delivery Network, Brian Gaunt, will be presenting the results of the carrier’s latest research on consumer needs and the price consumers are willing to pay to fulfill them in a session with the intriguing title “The Customers Lied”.
And, in the exhibition hall, the following companies should prove interesting to those looking closely at delivery-related matters:
- DHL Supply Chain
- DPD on stand 2
- Home Delivery Network on stand 13
- Unipart Logistics on stand 36
- Metapack on stand 22
- …and, of course, our friends at Royal Mail on stand 21
• Internet Retailing 2009 takes place on Tuesday 13 October at the Novotel in Hammersmith, west London. The full conference agenda, along with speaker profiles, is available online. Conference delegate and exhibition visitor registration is also now open, but time is running short so please register today!