Nine free workshops will take place at Internet Retailing 2009 in London on October 13. Places are limited, though, so you need to book in advance to be sure of a seat.
Each of the morning and afternoon sessions will be led by an ecommerce specialist and will look in depth at a particular aspect of online retailing. The workshops include:
- Coremetrics’ Ross Stoner will lead a session on ‘Personalisation in marketing for dramatic returns‘
- Mike Anderson from Web Marketplace Solutions will share insight into how to deliver significant conversion improvement to fuel business growth in ‘Top tips for delivering dramatically better conversions for mail order and retailing ecommerce websites‘.
- Steven Hampson from E-inbusiness will investigate ‘How to create a buzz online for your brand AND boost your bottom line’, looking at how to harness the latest technology to enhance your brand, create a richer more engaging user experience and increase your online sales.
- Alison Greensmith from Netgiro will lead a panel discussion on ‘The payments opportunity in international e-retail: how a localized payments program can help merchants increase bottom line results’, with panellists including representatives of Barclaycard, PayPal and at least one e-merchant.
- Greg Kelton from Autonomy Optimost will examine why nine of the top 10 global brands rely on Meaning Based Marketing to boost their business in a workshop on ‘Boosting your online performance in the downturn…What’s the secret?’
- 10CMS will lead a workshop on ‘Strategies for rich media merchandising success’, designed to give participants the data, tools and reference points needed to begin the process of evaluating and implementing rich media merchandising technology.
- Ian Dowds from Specific Media will look at how to accurately reach your intended target market online with relevant advertising that appeals to them, in the ‘Effective targeting online: Making the difference to your online campaign’ workshop.
- Social Media Influence will take an in-depth look at the hot topic of social media in a workshop focused on ‘Content really is king — How internet retailers can connect with social media communities using smart content’.
- Udayan Bose from NetElixir will be looking at ‘How Efficient is your Google Adwords Campaign? Best Practices in Search Engine Marketing’. If you haven’t already submitted your application to be one of the three retailers who will receive an in-depth analysis of their current campaign — free of charge — do apply now.
You can find full details of all the workshops on the Internet Retailing 2009 website. The workshops are all free to attend, but spaces are limited and must be booked in advance, so now would be a good moment to get the team together and book up some seats!
• Internet Retailing 2009 takes place on Tuesday 13 October at the Novotel in Hammersmith, west London. The full conference agenda, along with speaker profiles, is now available online. Conference delegate and exhibition visitor registration is also now open.