PaymentOne becomes PayOne as company rebrands to power a truly “frictionless” mobile lifestyle
PayOne, formally called PaymentOne, has undergone a complete rebranding of the company that invented “no credit card required” carrier billing for digital commerce more than 12 years ago. PaymentOne becomes PayOne with a new look, a new website and the launch of a new simplified One-Click mobile payments platform designed for the future of global commerce in support of a 360 degree mobile lifestyle.
The world has changed, with nearly 6 billion mobile consumer accounts and fast approaching 10 billion connected devices, now allowing people to transact at home and on the go as part of a 360 degree mobile lifestyle. Just a click away, direct carrier billing with PayOne is the simplest way to pay over any connected device, anytime, anywhere.
From playing a game, downloading an app, streaming music and videos, or buying a movie ticket, to paying for parking, a bus ticket, or making an on the fly donation to a worthy charity, consumers are using their mobile phones to transact everywhere. According to Jupiter Research, remote mobile payments alone will surpass $250 billion by 2016. PayOne simplifies these kinds of mobile payments across all platforms and devices, allowing mobile consumers to securely pay with PayOne’s One-Click checkout and apply charges directly to their monthly mobile bill.
“Different from offline and ecommerce, every added data element or keystroke required of a mobile consumer on the small screen is a serious point of friction and a measurable point of failure or falloff for a merchant,” said Joe Lynam, CEO of PayOne. “Requiring the consumer to enroll, pre-register, provide sensitive personal or credit card data or establish a separate user name and password to make a simple payment amounts to far too much friction for a mobile user. The new PayOne brand represents our mission to streamline and eliminate every single step, process and keystroke possible to optimize the mobile payment experience for the consumer and our partner merchants.”
PayOne is connected with over 1,000 carriers globally and leverages its deep integrations and patented mobile payment and authentication technology to provide the simplest and most secure mobile payment methods available.
Snap MyLife (www.snapmylife.com), a developer of consumer cloud-service applications for managing content on mobile devices and other Internet-enabled consumer electronics, announced today its selection of PayOne to power carrier billed mobile payments for its customers with a look towards the future. Today, Snap MyLife will offer its customers the simplest way to pay for digital goods and services, using PayOne’s AnyPhone service. In the future Snap MyLife will work with PayOne to expand the reach of its service to new on and offline points of purchase, giving Snap Mylife subscribers the option to simply charge their subscription fees to their current mobile, landline or broadband bill via any connected device for the simplest transaction experience possible.
Working closely with carriers around the world for over 10 years, PayOne has actively spearheaded new policies and improvements in carrier billing processes. The company has also worked to establish dramatically improved financial models to broadly expand mobile carrier billing for merchants beyond virtual currency and simple mobile content. The result can be seen today as new points of purchase, such as parking meters, billboards, tickets, vending and QR codes can now be monetized via carrier billing on a more global basis.
“There are a dizzying number of use cases where newly connected devices coupled with a simple transaction process will enhance and improve the way we live, work and play,” adds Lynam. “Even the simplest example of paying for parking with a single click from my mobile phone, receiving a text alert when I’m about to run out of time, and the ability to remotely pay for more time with just one click, represents a true convenience that is a reality today with PayOne.”
PayOne keeps it simple for consumers
• Simple one click user experience with no enrollment or credit card required
• Highest level of security and authorization for consumers’ mobile transactions
• Support for local language and currency
• Customer self-care portal provides full visibility to all transactions
• Localized customer service supporting 23 languages
• Consistent experience across devices and payment methods
PayOne keeps it simple for merchants
• Easy to integrate payment method for access to 4 billion consumers globally
• A single partner for unified access to 80+ countries
• Flexible and fully customizable merchant-branded offering
• Deep relationships with carriers for best payouts and economic returns to merchants
• Expertise about the various nuances of transactions and subscriptions, pre-paid and post-paid markets, and authorization options unique to each region
• Regionally specific value added tax handling and normalized price points
• Device-specific intelligence to enable new technologies and points of sale on and offline
• Analytic intelligence and test beds to measure conversion performance
• Accelerated settlement cycles for the quickest, hassle-free payouts in the industry
Merchants and developers can contact email@example.com for information on the simple next steps to get started with PayOne mobile payments. SXSW 2012 attendees can stop by the PayOne booth, #1345, at the Interactive trade show to see a live demo of the PayOne platform in action.