Our latest ranking of the UK Top500 builds on six years of research to provide a unique performance-based index of the UK’s largest retailers. We calculate retailers’ performance across a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative metrics to find out which online and multichannel traders are leading the way at a challenging time for the wider industry – and what the tools are that leading retailers are using.
The research shows that retailers are raising their game, in response perhaps to the wider retail challenge. They are steadily making incremental improvements to the service they offer in areas from from mobile and multichannel to delivery and collection in order to ensure that they meet customer expectations.
We explore the factors that are driving change in UK retail, and we look at how top retailers are leading the way in areas from the store experience to offering delivery as a service.
Read the report to find out:
- Which retailers are in this year’s UK Top500
- Where retailers sit in the listing, from the Elite and Leading retailer groups to the Top500
- How Amazon thinks about the way it sells, through an interview with UK country chair Doug Gurr
- Case studies on H&M and JD Sports
- How different sectors use tools
- The leading retailers in each of our six Performance Dimensions: Strategy & Innovation, The Customer, Operations & Logistics, Merchandising, Brand Engagement and Mobile & Cross-channel
As ever, we welcome your thoughts on our findings and on future datasets that we can use to make next year’s research even better.