Download the UK Growth 2000 2022, which explores the way that growth-focused companies in the UK are selling online in 2022 and beyond.
The Growth 2000, at its heart is a full list of the 2,000 retailers selling in the UK that follow on from the RetailX Top500, published in January. It names the leading 25 retailers in each of four growth-focused Dimensions, Find, Mobile, Delivery and Checkout, and explores the performance of the full 2,000 retailers, brands and marketplaces through those Dimensions.
This fifth annual report maps the improvements that retailers in this index have made over the last year and more. It also highlights the areas where performance has taken a backwards step in the face of Covid-19 and Brexit-related challenges.
The UK Growth 2000 2022 is designed to help retailers benchmark their own performance in digital commerce as they grow. We illustrate our metrics with practical case studies that show what Growth 2000 members are doing to stand out. Read case studies on; Revolution Beauty, Wheelspin Models, Myprotein, Sennheiser, Zooplus, Trekkinn, Society6, Oh Polly, Liverpool FC, Sous Chef, Online4baby, Primrose
The UK Growth 2000 2022 comes at a time of economic and political upheaval that adds uncertainty to a cost of living crisis sparked by factors including war in Ukraine, Covid-19 and Brexit. In response, shoppers are holding off on major purchases while also partially reversing the online shift that marked Covid-19 lockdowns, as they return to stores while still continuing to do more of their shopping online than they did before the pandemic.
Our research covers 5 areas
- FOOTPRINT: calculated on retail turnover, the ecommerce subset of this turnover, web traffic and the number of stores.
- FIND: the extent to which retailers demonstrate visibility, simplicity and expertise in search and navigation.
- MOBILE: whether retailers demonstrate an understanding of mobile UX and multichannel, and if they have mobile apps.
- DELIVERY: measuring speed and cost of delivery, the flexibility of fulfilment and returns, and click and collect services.
- CHECKOUT: the website features and third-party plugins retailers use to help shoppers make a final decision to purchase.