In 2020, the global FMCG market increased by more than £160bn with annual growth quadrupling to 10%, up from a 2.5% growth rate in 2019. Consumer purchasing took food sales to a global growth rate of 11.4% with beverages increasing by 8.6%.
Our newest RetailX Sector Report: Grocery 2021 offers a strategic and commercial overview of the grocery market; from new entrants, key players and direct-to-consumer, to the rise of challenger apps, changes to consumption and the role of sustainability.
We also look closely at the challenges being imposed on the grocery sector by Brexit, such as delivery drivers and recruitment of warehouse staff. The report also provides insight into the availability of grocery slots during the pandemic and considers the strain it placed on the supply chain.
- 42 pages of leading strategic and commercial analysis
- Rooted in four years of in-depth company performance research with analysis of the sector dynamics
- 10 original retailer case studies
Download today to get access to:
- Deep dive analysis into macroeconomic factors including the rise online, Covid-19 & new entrants
- Key Events in grocery retail 1869 to 2021
- The current state of the grocery sector, the ongoing effects of the pandemic and the opportunities for growth going forward.
- Company interviews: Carrefour, Costco, HelloFresh, ICA Gruppen, Metro, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Walmart.