In recent years the role of payments has changed greatly for retailers. Rather than being seen as an awkward but necessary end function as it use to, it is now increasingly being seen as an enabler of better-than-ever customer experience. Retailers are starting to realise the value of a better payments experience, providing a quicker, slicker, more efficient payment process. They allow their customers to pay when, where and how they want – ensuring their customers’ payments are secure without the process impacting on the overall payment experience.
In this whitepaper, produced in partnership with ACI Worldwide we examine how the role of payments is changing and the opportunities around moving to an experience-led payment process. We also look at the move to an ‘always ready, always on’ infrastructure and at the role of AI and data in managing the payment process.
Included in this report:
- Case studies from top retailers on how they are looking to improve the payments process, understanding that it is no longer just transactional and the payment is no longer the end of the journey
- How technology is enabling retailers to serve their customers more efficiently; to personalise offers, selling to customers in a global market and competing with others to maximising their own share of customer spend
- The ways in which the role of payments is changing from a functional process to an experience and revenue generator
- The growth of payment options instore and online: New payment methods are emerging and gaining increased acceptance all the time, quickly becoming the new norm for customers
- How AI and data improves the payment process