The majority of B2B brands (62%) say they could get ‘at least half’ of their revenue from online commerce by 2025.
So finds research from customer-centric digital experience company Episerver, released in a recent B2B survey on digital experience, which surveyed 100 B2B marketing decision makers across the UK, explored the growing role of ecommerce in the B2B space.
And every B2B brand surveyed expects ecommerce to be a clear source of revenue over the next five years.
While 9% of B2B marketers questioned feel ecommerce will be a small contributor to their revenue streams, the remaining 91% say it will have a more significant role in the business. Episerver’s research suggests that ecommerce is set to grow across all B2B fields, from retail, to manufacturing to IT services.
Commenting on the research findings, Joey Moore, Head of Evangelism, EMEA & APAC at Episerver says: “Given this changing landscape in B2B marketing, it’s vital that B2B brands give customers the opportunity to buy online. This will not only mean greater investment in ecommerce technologies, but more consideration for customer-centric solutions that automatically surface intent and behaviour data to improve the way buyers interact with B2B brands.”