Marketplace giants such as Amazon and eBay have set new expectations and standards for shoppers, small sellers and larger retailers alike. They have opened up opportunities for millions of sellers to trade in environments they may have never been able to managed previously, enabling small retailers to position themselves alongside larger rivals and allowing these larger retailers to explore additional routes to market.
In this whitepaper, produced in association with our partner Mirakl, we look at the traditional marketplace model, as well as the growing trend of retailer operated marketplaces, in more depth.
Included in this whitepaper:
- The evolution of the marketplace model: Why retailers are choosing it as a strategy
- Understanding the business case for a marketplace model: Range expansion, speed to market, new opportunities and greater sales
- The formula for growth: How the marketplace model can be a key accelerator of ecommerce sales, simultaneously reducing the cost of goods sold
- Featuring an exclusive interview with Afound, H&M group’s latest brand offering, launched by the fashion giant in June 2018.
- How retailer-operated marketplaces allows retailers to test new product ranges before committing themselves
, and through carefully-evaluated legitimate interest.