Retailers capitalise on the buying habits of consumers making a second purchase after they have made their first. However, since the introduction of GDPR in May 2018 there has been a significant impact on the ability of retailers and brands to conduct re-targeting and retention marketing.
It is essential that sellers take advantage of all the tools that they still have at their disposal to retain customers. For example, complementing digital channels with in-parcel print assets that can provide an opportunity to connect with the customer and prompt an additional purchase.
In this whitepaper we look at the unboxing experience and how it can be used as a further opportunity to engage customers.
Included in this whitepaper:
- Opening the parcel is the start of the journey: Treating the opening of the parcel as the end of the journey is a missed opportunity. From a marketing perspective, the opening of the parcel is day zero for the customer’s next purchase.
- Research from over 10,000 InternetRetailing members we found out more about the attitudes towards customer retention, post-purchase experience and the unboxing moment.
- How to make the purchaser into a customer and how relevance and compelling content is as important in the in-parcel assets as they are anywhere else
- Eight applications of highly successful parcel inserts and the future of the unboxing experience
- Featuring a case study from luxury interior business Amara and online retailer Figleaves: How creating high quality personalised inserts into their parcels encourage customers to re-purchase
, and through carefully-evaluated legitimate interest.