The InternetRetailing Top500 research
InternetRetailing's research produces the only performance-based ranking of the Top500 ecommerce and multichannel retailers and brands in the UK, Europe and Australia.
Rather than simply noting the biggest retailers by revenue or volume, with a focus upon "RetailCraft" - the actions and behaviours of the best retailers and brands. We measure performance across six areas of commercial performance, and use this to amend a raw ranking of size (comprising turnover, traffic, stores, channel mix, search and reach). This unique approach reflects more accurately the efforts and successes of retail leaders to connect their brand propositions effectively with consumers - repeatedly, at scale and at profit.
The six dimensions of performance comprise:
- STRATEGY AND INNOVATION – how retailers grow their businesses in the face of competition and consumer expectation
- CUSTOMER – Insight about the consumer, and the experience generated as part of selling
- OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS – delivery, returns, click and collect, warehousing, supply chain... the underpinnings of retail
- MERCHANDISING – selling effectively and maximising margin
- BRAND AND ENGAGEMENT – the interaction with the customer
- MOBILE AND CROSS-CHANNEL – moving beyond single channels (whether bricks or clicks) to create a channel-blind, unified direct-to-consumer business.
Our Research Reports
For each of our Top500 rankings (UK, EU and Australia) we publish an annual ranking, and throughout the year a 'deep dive' into each of the Performance Dimensions.
You can access the rankings here:
IRUK - The UK Top500
IREU - The EU Top500
IRBX - The Top250 Brands selling Direct
AU250 - the Top250 Australian multichannel retailers and brands.
Members of InternetRetailing can access the research free and without limit. To join (free for retailers) please complete the membership application.
Our research is undertaken for us by RetailX
, a specialised performance research business, with the input of Knowledge Partners
(data-providers) and sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring or partnering with us, please contact [email protected]