M-Retail app specialist Two Tap has launched what is believed to be the first fully automated service that allows consumers outside of the US to order products from American retailers just as easily as buying locally in their own country.
US retailers can now expand global sales to shoppers anywhere in the world without making any changes to their existing infrastructure. Retailers that sign up for the new Two Tap Crossborder service can start selling their products inside any international app or marketplace.
The new service is available to any US retailer and is an add-on to Two Tap Gateway – a platform enabling retailers to integrate with external partners – which doubled its size to over 1,300 supported retailers over the past 12 months and added automatic support for Shopify retailers that sign up for Two Tap Gateway.
Meanwhile, Two Tap is also a convenient way for any shopping site or app publisher to make money by selling hundreds of millions of products from thousands of retailers.
Retailer Global Expansion Challenges
Today’s existing solutions for international shoppers that want to buy products from US retailers do not solve several key challenges. First, consumers overseas often can only buy and receive products from one retailer at a time, making it more costly and difficult for them to have easy access to US products. The reason is that many partners that help retailers to ship abroad often lack the infrastructure to consolidate multiple products from multiple retailers in their warehouses.
Second, it’s very difficult for overseas consumers to shop online from US stores. The biggest problem is that most retailers either do not accept international debit or credit card payments or flag orders as fraudulent, especially those without a verified US address.
In addition, customers outside of the US are often forced to pay in US dollars rather than their local currency, an inconvenience that often means higher prices due to unfavorable exchange rates. This creates another sales growth barrier for American retailers.
Two Tap Crossborder solves these challenges and allows anyone outside of the US to buy and receive any product from US retailers and, for the first time, to know the exact product cost in their local currency before it ships. International consumers also have access to supported retailers’ entire inventory, which will make Two Tap Crossborder one of the biggest international retailers in terms of total number of products offered.
Two Tap Crossborder – How it Works
Two Tap Crossborder solves all of the above challenges by automating the entire purchase, inventory management, shipping, and customer support process – empowering retailers to make selling overseas as easy as buying from a local store. The process is fast and easy:
- Easy shopping – The international customer shops on a website or app using a Buy Button that has Two Tap Crossborder enabled. The customer can see a fully landed cost for their cart, pay in local currency and have the product delivered to their local address.
- Two Tap Becomes the Merchant of Record – Two Tap processes the payment for the shopper and automatically orders the products for delivery.
- No Technical Integration & No Fraud Risk for Retailers – Two Tap takes on the risk and effort of enabling Crossborder commerce for its partners. Retailers only need to sign up on Two Tap’s website to enable Crossborder.
- Order Consolidation – Two Tap consolidates the products into the most efficient number and size of shipping packages and manages international delivery with its shipping partners. International customers can order any amount of products from participating US retailers and benefit from one delivery to their international address.
- Last Mile Support – Two Tap handles customs clearing, taxes, last leg delivery and localized customer support requests.
“We provide a powerful infrastructure that enables consumers outside the US to buy any US product from any retailer. This can happen directly in their local shopping app, fashion recommendation site or a shopping club sponsored by a local bank,” said Radu Spineanu, co-founder of Two Tap. “We grew our transactions by 11x during the first 6 months of 2016 compared to the same period last year and are now powering order automation for the biggest dropshipping enablers in the US. Two Tap Gateway is the easiest way for retailers to integrate with an external partner and automate receiving orders domestically or from customers and partners outside of the US.”
Two Tap already powers checkouts across the most vertical retail markets available today, including fashion, beverage, gaming, home improvement and décor, electronics, sports equipment and apparel, health, nutrition and much more. “Any company with an international audience can now sell products from US retailers and generate revenue from this activity. Two Tap is finally an end-to-end solution,” said Razvan Roman, co-founder of Two Tap.
Two Tap Crossborder is now active in Japan with plans to expand to United Arab Emirates, Singapore, South Korea, China, India, Europe and the rest of Asia. Two Tap Crossborder API documents can be found here.