In a guest post for Econsultancy, web analytics and conversion optimisation specialist Ran Nir
has put together a comprehensive checklist of 50 SEO tips that every internet retailer should check out.
"Normally, SEO uplift doesn't happen overnight and it can take a long while to rank well for non-brand key terms," Nir explains. "The rule of thumb is this: The more competition a relative term has, the harder you'll find it to rank for the term. With that said, you've got to start somewhere and there at least 50 ways I can think of to improve your SEO."
The tips are organised under ten main headings:
- Choose your hosting provider carefully
- Increase crawl rates because you can never get enough of Google
- Ensure image optimisation across the site to enjoy traffic from Google image search
- Ensure metadata optimisation to get a high level of qualified traffic
- Content is truly king
- Apply essential URL and coding tweaks
- Apply essential maintenance from time to time
- The Google PageRank issue
- Content is king, so start blogging
- Get more links, otherwise no one will see you
You can read Nir's 50 tips in full on the Econsultancy website