In a recent InternetRetailing webinar, The data plumbers helping retailers drive loyalty, we heard from Ellie Devey-Robson, head of customer success at Fidel on fresh approaches to capturing and using customer data effectively.
Here’s a bulletpoint overview of the event.
The data you need to build better customer experiences
- The three kinds of loyalty: behavioural, rational and emotional.
- The importance of emotional connection in customer loyalty.
- Using data to build customer experiences “to engage and delight your customers”.
- Finding out how and where your customers spend.
- The three things data sets need to tell you: how customers spend, where, when and how much, real-time understanding of behaviour.
What data plumbers are and the differences between them
- APIs as data plumbers.
- How they’re used in FinTech, and how to apply that to loyalty.
- Ways of using APIs to get data: account-linking and card-linking and differences between the two.
- Advantages of card-linking, and the data that it gives.
- How tokenisation of card data removes the compliance burden.
How customers really feel about sharing their data
- 44% will stop spending with a brand after a data incident.
- But many will be comfortable sharing data as long as they see the value.
- Shoppers already used to using their card number in payment platforms such as Apple Pay.
- Differences in attitude to sharing card data and account data.
How to capture customer data without adding friction
- How card linking works (with video example)
- What data do retailers gain?
- Case study facts and figures
The webinar closed with a summary of key learnings and a Q&A. To watch the webinar in full and see the slides, again, click here, and to explore our previous webinars visit InternetRetailing’s webinar page.