As searches on Pinterest rise for “supporting small businesses” fivefold compared to two weeks ago, along with searches for “working from home office ideas” – a 425% increase – the marketplace has announced that it is making it easier for people to discover products from retailers of all sizes, as they look for ideas to shop and try from home, while driving traffic to brands small and big.
To do this, Pinterest has created new ways to shop right from Pins, on boards, from search and through new browsable recommendations for home decor. These include:
- Shoppable Ideas: For Pinners in the UK, it’s now easier to shop the ideas you find on Pinterest. When users close up on a Pin, they’ll see a “more to shop” section which features product Pins from UK retailers in the local currency.
- Shop from search: Beginning to roll out today in the U.S., a new shop section will appear on search, making it easy to shop in-stock products from a range of retailers when searching for terms like “spring outfits“, “office decor“, “kitchen remodel“. Pinterest has also added price and brand filters to the experience.
- Shop from a board: When a Pinner visits their home decor or fashion board in the US, they’ll now see a Shop section that shows products from or inspired by the Pins on their board. Just as if a shopping list has been created for their boards, Pinners will see in-stock products based on what they’ve been saving for a room or look.
- Shop from Pins: Pinterest has integrated visual search and shopping right on Pins so it’s easier than ever to shop any home or fashion Pins you see on Pinterest in the U.S.
- Style guides: When searching for home-related terms like “living room”, curated style guides will now appear in the U.S. so Pinners can browse home ideas in popular styles like mid-century, contemporary and rustic. It’s like having an interior designer right in the search tab.
“We’re also working to make it easy to shop from retailers who have met our guidelines for a trusted experience, which is why we recently launched the Verified Merchant program in the US,” says the company. “Now, Pinners will see a blue checkmark on the profiles of the growing number of verified merchants. And, we’re continuing to make improvements to shopping on Pinterest, and have increased the number of shoppable Product Pins by 2.5x since last year, while driving a total increase in traffic to retailers by 2.3x. The number of Pinners engaging with shopping on Pinterest has increased 44% year over year.”
These new shopping features are rolling out today in the U.S. and the UK, with more countries to come in the future.
To provide more insights into the evolution of retail and the unique value of Pinterest shoppers, Pinterest Head of Global Retail Strategy Amy Vener will lead a webinar on Thursday, April 16th at 3:30pm BST with special guests from leading retailers. Learn more here.