Majestic Wine , the UK’s biggest retailer specialising in sales of wine by the mixed case, with over 180 stores throughout the UK, announced the successful launch of its first fully optimised mobile site, powered by the leading global technology platform company for mobile and multi-channel customer engagement, Usablenet.
“We’ve seen more and more users coming to our site via mobile devices over the last year. Within the first two weeks of launch, we saw our mobile traffic increase by a further 15% and visits to “find a store” pages by 60%. The feedback has been extremely positive – not only is it a beautiful site, it is incredibly easy to use,” said Graham Everitt, eCommerce Analyst at Majestic Wine. “We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in the wine retail space and we saw this as the natural next step for supporting our increasingly mobile customers.”
This HTML5 mobile site leverages a variety of functionalities that streamline use such as expandable menus, geo-location, and image galleries. Social sharing options were also included so customers can post products to Facebook or Twitter, email friends, or simply save to favorites for later reference.
Features of The Majestic Wine mobile site:
• Quickly search the full inventory of Wines, Champagne, Beers, Spirits and Soft Drinks.
• Write personal reviews and/or read Customer and Staff reviews.
• Order cases, mixed cases, gifts, beers, spirits and accessories with delivery and mail order options pending customer location.
• Access detailed product information including beautiful bottle imagery and review detailed information including 5-star ratings, descriptions, origin, taste, complementary foods, and more.
• View special offers by Top 10, regions or special features.
• Find your Local Store or the nearest store by postal code.
• Manage multiple addresses for billing and shipping in your Account.
“Market research repeatedly confirms that consumers are increasingly turning to mobile devices to search for local information, store prices and inventory checks,” said Nick Taylor, CEO of Usablenet. “Majestic Wine is another great example of the immediate impact retailers see after launching a mobile site and we are proud to be the platform partner underpinning this success.”
The Usablenet platform is one of the driving forces behind mobile commerce in UK and Europe, with several recent launches of mobile-commerce and multi-channel sites including ASOS, British Airways, Carphone Warehouse, Mothercare, Tesco, House of Fraser, JD Sports, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, O2, and Superdry.