Third-party marketplaces are booming globally, with Europe seeing their use surge post-lockdown
Download the European Marketplace 2022 Report where we examine in detail the extraordinary growth of this sector in the past few years, which has doubled revenue to €200bn since 2020 and set for continued growth in the years to come.
This explosion in marketplace use has been well documented in previous RetailX reports but what does the European marketplace landscape look like today and where is it heading?
In this European Marketplaces 2022 report, we have taken the Top 15 marketplaces by traffic in Europe and drilled down into their structure, operation and how they service both consumers and merchants.
We reveal just how the sector has evolved from ‘Amazon versus eBay” to one that features a range of generalist and specialised marketplaces, those owned and operated by retailers and those that have come to dominate their own regions in very short order.
The European Marketplaces 2022 report looks across four key vectors:
- Top 500 brand profile – Which marketplace hosts the most Top500 companies
- The ability to offer branded storefronts
- The range of goods offered by Top 500 brands
- The protection marketplaces offer sellers.
Download the report to read more about:
- What factors are key to a successful marketplace
- What attributes brands need from leading marketplaces
- How marketplaces are all working to try and protect both brands and customers from fraud, counterfeits and piracy.
- How the marketplaces arena is fragmenting into a much more granular and localised business
- What is the technology that drives this sector
- The key trends that both marketplace operators and merchants need to consider as they plan how to reach the consumers of tomorrow.