Download the Mexico 2020 Ecommerce Country Report for a comprehensive analysis of one of the most important markets in the Americas.
Mexico represents a rapidly growing market where, in the years ahead, there are likely to be rich opportunities for retailers. Partly because of its proximity to the USA, it’s a market where many consumers are familiar with foreign retailers and brands. Amazon fulfils orders for its amazon.com and its amazon.mx sites from Mexico City.
However, it’s also a country where many consumers are loyal to distinctively Latin American companies, ranging from local department stores to the Argentinian-headquartered marketplace MercadoLibre.
The Mexico 2020 Ecommerce Country Report also assesses consumer behaviour. We discover that just under 70% of Mexico’s population are internet users and this is only predicted to increase by 4% over the next 3 years. However, our analysis also depicts a healthy increase in online shopping activity since 2017, which is expected to develop during the coming years.
How will Mexico’s market evolve in the future? Will consumers continue to favour cash or will growing prosperity lead to more Mexicans having bank accounts? How will the advent of cheaper smartphones shape customer behaviour? Find out more about Mexican consumers’ expectations and behaviour, and the opportunities offered by a rapidly developing country.
The full report includes:
- Overview of the Mexican B2C retail market
- Digital market: the key numbers
- Ecommerce overview: a growing and dynamic market
- Case studies: MercadoLibre and El Puerto de Liverpool
- Detailed graphs and charts including:
- Gross domestic product of Mexico
- Age structure of the Mexican population
- Population growth
- Social media usage
- Device usage for online
- Devices used for online purchases
- B2C ecommerce turnover
- B2C sales as a percentage of GDP
- Percentage of Mexicans buying online
- Most popular ecommerce sites
- Mexico City Valentine’s Day revenue
- Hot Sales Day purchases