Online search engines have taken the place of physical catalogues as the tools for product discovery. The organic search algorithms on Google are above all oriented around ensuring customers are served with the most relevant products at any given time.
Retailers submit their product feeds to Google in the hope that their products will be picked up by the algorithms. However, many retailers are finding that there is a disconnect between how they structure their data and how the offsite channels do things.
Our whitepaper examines product catalogues which are optimised according to what works with internal IT systems are not optimised for Google and Amazon use. We also discuss the need to break product data down into usable building blocks and then reassemble it in numerous ways to fit offsite channels and match their buyers’ searches. The importance for retailers to run tests on a quarterly basis, analyse outcomes and keep optimising for optimal performance. And how automation platforms can help do and maintain this developer, resource and time-intensive task at scale.
Inside this whitepaper:
- Outlining the customer acquisition challenge
- The online opportunity – Being present on multiple platforms
- The data disconnect – Is your product catalogue optimised for search?
- Building relevance through testing
- The COVID context: The importance of keyword agility
- Two detailed case studies; Pets at Home & Clarins