Chris Conway from the Co-op and Microsoft will discuss and explore why omnichannel matters across the value chain from store to supply chain and what that means for your customers and your business. Based on our recent research, this webinar will review three key areas to focus on as you plan for success in the midst of uncertain times:
- How to ensure service agility and product traceability in order to serve customers quickly wherever and whenever they shop with you.
- Equipping your staff to deliver a personalised, curated and knowledgeable customer experience.
- How to meet the increasingly demanding needs of your customers.
Referencing examples and case studies, participants will discover:
- Trends your retail peers see around using data to better understand the market, trends and their customers’ behaviour.
- Innovations in personalisation and outcome based experiences.
- How to extend your customer experience into the broadcast sphere – with brand, product and service content to engage and excite.
- Creating the culture for retail transformation, enabling staff to become stakeholders.
Chris has more than 20 years’ experience in Retail, the last 10 of which has been in the Online space. Chris spent most of his retail career in Asda, latterly as the Senior Director for Ecommerce, whilst studying to achieve an MSc in Internet Retailing. Chris oversaw a record online market share for Asda of 20% and steered it to grow into a +£1bn business.
In 2015 Chris took the opportunity to move to Morrisons, where he headed up their fast growing Grocery Online proposition, working on improving the efficiency of their partnership with Ocado. During his 2 years at Morrisons the online business doubled. In March this year Chris took up a new challenge at The Coop, as Head of Digital, defining and shaping the Coop’s digital transformation, along with investigating the online opportunity.
Chris is a business strategist, transformation, customer engagement and disruptive technology specialist. Chris specialises in developing strategies to help retailers & brands adapt to changing needs, engage consumers and grow their businesses by leveraging digital technology, adjusting their business models and casting out “business as usual”.
For over 20 years’ he’s helped influential brands from retailers (Walmart, Tesco, Delhaize), to corporations (Bayer, BT, Unilever, Sage, Telefonica) and brands (Tommy Hilfiger, Sony, KFC) develop customer facing and service delivery programs that have created enhanced outcomes for people and businesses. At the same time, he helps retailers, CPG’s and brands adapt to the increasing pressure from consumers to be served in a far more responsive, predictive and innovative way in order to help them thrive in the digital era.
Alex has been at Microsoft for six years and has worked in business strategy consulting, digital advisory/transformation services, cloud solution architecture and is currently the CTO for retail and consumer packaged goods. Alex has worked with some of the UK’s largest retailers to help drive better and more personalised customer experiences, utilise data to drive more predictable outcomes that exceed the demands of their customers and internal business and help the business meet the ever-increasing challenges in the marketplace.